Masks are required indoors at the Autry regardless of vaccination status by all those over age 2 (no exceptions). Please see full Mask Policy below. Thank you for your cooperation.
Welcome back to the Autry! We are thrilled to share the diverse stories of the American West with you in person once again.
Admission tickets are also available for purchase onsite. Advance reservations are not required at this time. We will continue to carefully monitor visitor capacity to ensure the Autry remains well within current city, county, and state guidelines.
Know Before You Go
People experiencing any symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, and/or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19) should not enter the premises.
The Autry's onsite cafe is currently closed. Food trucks are available onsite on select weekends. Please call Visitor Services at 323.495.4252 for more information. Guests are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on our lawn or plaza, but please store all food and drink in your vehicle as we do not have storage areas for bags, coolers, or picnic baskets. Food and drink (except bottled water) are prohibited inside the museum.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, the Autry requires the following protocols:
- Masks are required indoors regardless of vaccination status by all people over age 2 (no exceptions). Thank you for your cooperation.
- Visitors showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 at any time will be asked to leave and to return at a later date.
- Coat check is not available; large bags (more than 13 x 12 x 4 inches) of any type are not permitted; no back-worn baby carriers or children on shoulders allowed; soft, front-facing carriers and strollers are allowed. We do not have lockers; any oversized baggage will need to be stored in your vehicle or at home.
- Wheelchairs and strollers are not available to borrow at this time.
Schedule, Hours, and Admission
- Visitor hours are 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Tuesdays through Sundays.
- Admission: Due to several gallery refurbishments, we are currently offering 2-for-1 adult admission, $5 students and seniors (60+), and children 12 and under for free. Admission is always free for Autry members, active-duty military, veterans, and children age 2 and under. (Our standard admission prices are $14 for adults, $10 for students and seniors 60+, and $6 for children ages 3-12.)
- The Cafe remains closed to visitors. Snacks/bottled water are available at the Autry Store. Visitors are allowed to eat/drink outdoors on the plaza at the tables provided as well as on the lawn.
- The Historic Southwest Museum Mt. Washington campus has reopened on Saturdays! Details, maps, and directions may be found here.
When I Remember I See Red: American Indian Art and Activism in California
Through November 15, 2021
Art of the West
Our downstairs galleries and the Ethnobotanical Garden are also open to visitors. Check out our Exhibitions page to learn more. Please note that two of our upstairs galleries will remain closed (Norman F. Sprague, Jr. Gallery and the Craver Imagination Gallery) to make way for future exhibitions.
Admittance to the Autry requires wearing a face mask (or, in special instances, a face shield with drape) at all times by all people over age 2. This includes people who are partially or fully vaccinated. There are no exceptions or exemptions (including medical exemptions) to this policy. If you are unable to comply with this policy at this time—for whatever reason—we look forward to welcoming you when you are able to wear a mask in the future, or when the pandemic has been officially declared "over." Masks must be worn over both nose and mouth at all times. Masks must not include any exhalation valves and/or vents or other such devices. Individuals who have been instructed not to wear a face mask by their medical provider must wear a face shield with a drape on the bottom edge. A drape that is form fitting under the chin is preferred. If your mask is deemed by the Autry, at its sole discretion, to be insufficient, you will be provided with a mask to wear pursuant to this policy and that meets our guidelines. Failure to abide by any part of this policy at any time will result in immediate expulsion from the Autry premises. There are no exceptions or exemptions.
Code of Conduct
We look forward to your visit. As you plan your day, we remind you that the Autry will not tolerate inappropriate behavior, including, but not limited to, yelling, violence, intimidation, threats, harassment, aggression, swearing, damage, abuse, or sexual harassment. Individuals who are aggressive toward staff or other visitors will be expelled from the Autry and escorted off the property.
In the interest of your personal safety and community health, please observe all the precautions listed above. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit to the Autry. Those visiting the Autry do so at their own risk of such exposure.